Automating Your Google Workspace with Workflow+
What would you do if you had an extra person to help manage Google Workspace at your organization? Or, if you could automate your most frequent or time-consuming tasks, what could you accomplish with your extra time? You could start planning your summer projects, clean up your groups, or you could get your domain’s storage under control. With Workflow+ you can automate or schedule tasks in Google Workspace so you can save time, get organized, and stay informed.
What is KIT Central Workflow+?
KIT Central™ Workflow+™ automation software from Kincaid IT both simplifies and supercharges your Google Workspace environment through the power of automation. Do you wish you could automate user onboarding, OU changes, password resets by OU, drive permissions, or storage notifications? All this is easy with Workflow+.
How do I start workflows?
Workflows all begin with a trigger. Workflow+ supports the following triggers:
- Schedule a recurring trigger so your workflow runs daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly. With a scheduled trigger, for example, you could schedule weekly or monthly storage reports or Chromebook inventory reports.
- Specific Dates
- Set a specific day and time for your automated workflow to start. With a specific date as your trigger you could set your end-of-the-year workflow to start automatically on a certain day and have it promote your students to new OUs, reset passwords, clean up groups, and more.
- With subscription triggers you can start your workflow anytime a specific event occurs in your Google Workspace. For example, you could run a workflow every time a new user is created or a Google Form is submitted.
What can I do with Workflow+?
With Workflow+ you can:
- Automate Onboarding
- Simplify onboarding by automatically sending a welcome email, adding users to Google Groups, sharing files, or adding Google licenses every time a new user is created. This can be configured across your organization or for specific organizational units.
- Schedule Storage Reports (Storage+ required)
- When integrated with Storage+, you can schedule storage reports so you can receive a daily or weekly report detailing users who are over a specific limit in storage. Then automatically email the users in the report or flag them for excessive storage.
- Manage Your Domain’s Storage (Storage+ required)
- Imagine the power in the data if you could set up a task to run that polls users over a certain storage size and takes that data into a file while also automatically emailing it to the appropriate person. Let’s take this a step further. That email could show all teachers in a particular building that are over the district storage threshold and notify the principal in that building or notify individual teachers to ask them to begin cleaning up their Drive proactively before the district implements a hard quota.
- Take Control of Your Chromebooks
- Ensuring that the Chromebook stays in the proper OU can be a difficult task to do manually, but imagine if you could set an automated task that triggers from the new login and moves that Chromebook to the appropriate OU to match the user. Or, schedule Chromebook reports with Workflow+ and stay informed of device locations, update version, users, and even the auto update expiration date (AUE).
- Simplify Summer Tasks
- Schedule a summer tasks workflow and you can automatically reset student passwords and update OU membership all at once at a time that works best for your organization. Or, would it be nice at the end of the school year to have a task scheduled that automatically moves the seniors out of their current OU and into a suspended OU for you?
- Email Signatures – (coming soon)
- Does your District struggle getting new staff members to implement the required District email signature? Wouldn’t it be nice to have this automated so when they open up their email the signature of the district is already included?
The possibilities are limitless with Workflow+.